Once again, Wabash County REMC is proud to offer a scholarship program to financially assist students or REMC members. There is no better way to support our community than to support and assist our young people in their pursuit of higher education. Since the start of the scholarship program, the number of students entering the drawing has increased. Last year nearly 120 students entered their names in the drawing, and we are hoping even more will hear about the scholarship program and enter their names this year.
The selection of winning scholarships is from a random drawing at the annual meeting March 25, 2013. All of the students’ names entering the drawing will be placed in a box, and during the meeting 20 names will be drawn. The winning students will each get a $500 scholarship for next fall’s classes at a college of their choice.
Qualifications for the applicant include:
- The students must attend college within 12 months.
- Must be a full time student.
- The student may attend any two-year, four- year, or technical school.
- The parents of the qualifying student must be members of the REMC, and their residence must be served by REMC.
- Students must submit their application for the scholarship prior to March 1.
- Winners of prior years’ scholarships are not eligible.
- Parents of students must be present at the annual meeting for the drawing.
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted until March 1. Names of the qualified applicants will be placed in a drawing box; with the winners selected during the annual meeting March 25. Since the qualifying student may be attending a college, he/she need not be present for the drawing. However, the representative of the student applicants, as shown on the application, must be present at the annual meeting to accept the winning scholarship prize in the student’s behalf.